Save energy and money when you cool your food efficiently.
In most households, the refrigerator consumes more energy than any other kitchen appliance. When you buy an ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerator you'll use up to 20 percent less energy than with a conventional model, significantly cutting your electricity costs without sacrificing performance or features. In fact, more precise temperature controls keep your food fresher for longer, and the increasing amount of feature-rich models offer multiple choices to meet your specific needs. When it's time to replace your old refrigerator, consider purchasing an energy-efficient ENERGY STAR model.
Energy Saving Benefits
- Cut refrigeration energy costs with high-efficiency compressors, improved insulation, and more precise temperature and defrost mechanisms
- Save enough energy to light an average household for up to four months by replacing a 1990 model with an ENERGY STAR qualified model
- Conserve natural resources by using less electricity
- Avoid greenhouse gas emissions by using less energy to cool your food
$20 customer incentive
- Refrigerator must be on the ENERGY STAR list at time of purchase
- Incentive Application must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to California Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.