Get $40 cash back
Important! Rocky Mountain Power’s planned changes to the incentives and equipment qualifications associated with our energy efficiency program became effective April 14th. For questions or additional clarification, please email us.
Open up to a fridge that saves
Be wattsmart and cool your food for less. Make the switch to a qualified high-efficiency refrigerator and earn $40 cash back. These high-efficiency fridges deliver energy savings of up to 30 percent over conventional models, allowing you to reduce your electricity costs without sacrificing performance or features.
Need to unload your old fridge or freezer? We’ll haul it away for free, recycle it responsibly and give you an additional $30 cash incentive. Schedule your free pickup.
Qualifications & Incentives
$40 customer incentive
- Refrigerator must be on the Qualified Refrigerators list at time of purchase
- Refrigerators must be CEE Tier 3 in order to qualify
- Incentive Application must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installing or purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.