Get up to $750 cash back
Important! Rocky Mountain Power’s planned changes to the incentives and equipment qualifications associated with our energy efficiency program became effective April 14th. For questions or additional clarification, please email us.
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $750 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Ductless heat pump
- Work must be completed by either a Participating or Qualified Contractor
- Equipment must have a minimum efficiency of 16 SEER and 9 HSPF
- Equipment must be a new Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) rated ductless (mini-split) system listed in the AHRI Certified Directory. The AHRI directory can be found online at www.ahridirectory.org
- Must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Previous primary heat source must be a permanently installed electric resistance heat system (i.e., electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat or electric forced air furnace) that served at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned floor area
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing air source heat pump. Gas, oil, and propane system conversions do not qualify
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Idaho HVAC Trade Ally Program Manual
- Incentive is limited to one ductless heat pump per residence
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Participating and Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.