Get up to $150 cash back
Important! Rocky Mountain Power’s planned changes to the incentives and equipment qualifications associated with our energy efficiency program became effective April 14th. For questions or additional clarification, please email us.
Cool your home and your energy bill
Receive big cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Tier 1 Evaporative Cooler||$50|
|Tier 2 Evaporative Cooler||$150|
- Incentives are available for existing and new homes
- Unit may be installed by customer or by a Participating or Qualified Contractor (contractor installation is recommended)
- Equipment must be new and be permanently installed
- Must be the primary cooling source for the home
- 2,000 - 3,499 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Qualified Tier 1 Evaporative Coolers
- Minimum of 3,500 cubic feet per minute (CFM)
- Qualified Tier 2 Evaporative Coolers
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
For customers self-installing equipment:
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installing or purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.
For customers hiring a contractor to install equipment:
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
- Incentive Applications
For purchases on or before April 13, 2014
Portable Evaporative Coolers
Permanently installed evaporative coolers:
For purchases on or after April 14, 2014:
Tier 1 evaporative coolers:
Tier 2 evaporative coolers: