Get up to $100 cash back
Important! Rocky Mountain Power’s planned changes to the incentives and equipment qualifications associated with our energy efficiency program became effective April 14th. For questions or additional clarification, please email us.
Tune up and turn down your energy bill
Receive cash back on heat pump tune-up services. Keeping your heat pump in good working order helps reduce the amount of electricity, and money, it takes to maintain a comfortable home for you and your family.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Heat pump tune-up||$100|
- Work must be completed by a Qualified Contractor
- Incentive available on existing heat pumps only. The equipment must serve at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned floor area. Furnaces do not qualify for a tune-up incentive.
- Qualified Contractor is required to perform air flow test and performance check
- Air flow must meet minimum 350 CFM per ton requirement
- Performance check requirements
- For outdoor temperatures above 65°F:
- If unit has a TXV, confirm measured sub cooling is within +/- 3°F of manufacturer’s target value
- If unit does not have a TXV, confirm measured superheat is within +/- 5°F of manufacturer’s target value
- For outdoor temperatures below 65°F:
- If unit has a TXV, confirm measured sub cooling is within +/- 3°F of manufacturer’s target value (if target sub cooling is available)
- If unit does not have a TXV, performance check should be completed when outdoor temperature is above 65°F
- Heat pump tune-ups may be performed year round
- Incentives are limited to one tune-up incentive per unit every five years
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.