Get cool cash for energy-efficient central air conditioning.
When temperatures soar it's essential to keep your home cool. But maintaining a comfortable home doesn't have to mean soaring electricity bills. An energy-efficient central air conditioner can keep your home comfortable and significantly reduce your electricity bill. Program-qualified central air conditioners are approximately 15 percent more efficient than standard models. If your central air conditioner unit is more than 12 years old, replacing it with an energy-efficient model could cut your cooling costs by up to 30 percent! Using less energy means more money back in your pocket plus, upgrading your cooling unit helps to avoid the emission of greenhouse gases. If you want to install a central air conditioner, or it's time to replace an old unit, consider buying an energy-efficient model.
- Incentive Application
- Participating & Program Qualified Contractors
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Cut cooling costs by up to 30 percent when you replace an old unit with a program qualified unit
- Use less energy and be more comfortable in your home
- Help avoid global warming by using less energy
- Promote cleaner air by optimizing the performance of your cooling unit
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Participating and Program Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be received within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Central air conditioner equipment
(15+ SEER, 12.5 EER & TXV)
QualificationsCentral air conditioner equipment
- Work must be completed by either a Participating or Program Qualified Contractor
- Equipment must have a minimum efficiency of 15 SEER, 12.5 EER and TXV (factory or field installed)
- Equipment must be a new, air-source split or packaged unitary air conditioner with an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less
- Incentive application and required documents must be received within 90 days of work completion