Use less energy to heat and cool your home and get cash back.
If you heat your home with electric heat, you can save significantly on your electricity bills by installing a ductless heat pump. These highly efficient zonal heating and cooling systems do not require the use of air ducts. Ductless heat pumps consist of an outdoor compressor unit and an indoor air-handling unit, typically mounted high on a wall or ceiling, linked by a refrigerant line. Because the system is so efficient, choosing ductless can cut your heating bills by as much as 50 percent and provide reliable and comfortable heat. And because ductless systems excel at distributing warm or cool air throughout the home, they can help keep you comfortable and cool during warmer months too. Ductless heat pump units have the added advantage of not needing invasive and expensive ductwork installed, so have a short installation period of one to two days.
- Incentive Application
- Participating & Program Qualified Contractors
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Cut heating costs by up to 50 percent when you choose a ductless heat pump over electric or forced air heating systems
- Save money by dramatically decreasing your electricity use
- Avoid greenhouse gas emission by using less electricity to heat and cool your home
- Promote cleaner air through more efficient energy use
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Participating and Program Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Ductless heat pump
(16 SEER & 9 HSPF)
- Work must be completed by either a Participating or Program Qualified Contractor
- Equipment must have a minimum efficiency of 16 SEER and 9 HSPF
- Equipment must be a new Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) rated ductless (mini-split) system listed in the AHRI Certified Directory. The AHRI directory can be found online at www.ahridirectory.org
- Must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Previous primary heat source must be a permanently installed electric resistance heat system (i.e., electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat or electric forced air furnace) that served at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned floor area
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing air source heat pump. Gas, oil, and propane system conversions do not qualify.
- Equipment must be installed according to Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) Ductless Heat Pump Installation Guidelines
- Incentive is limited to one ductless heat pump per residence
- Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of work completion