Use less energy to cool your home and get cash back.
As energy efficiency gains in popularity so do evaporative coolers, which can use up to 75 percent less electricity than central air conditioners to cool the same square footage. Evaporative coolers cool outdoor air by passing it over water-saturated pads, causing the water to evaporate into it. Cooler air is directed into your home, pushing the warmer air out! Because the technology is simpler, they can cost half as much to buy as a comparable air conditioner. And the best part is that you don't have to sacrifice any comfort. Your home will be cool and comfortable all summer long.
For permanently installed evaporative coolers:
- Incentive Application
- Participating & Program Qualified Contractors
- Qualified Evaporative Coolers
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
For portable evaporative coolers:
Energy Saving Benefits
- Use up to 75 percent less electricity to cool your home with an evaporative cooler than with a central air conditioner
- Save money by dramatically decreasing your electricity use
- Avoid greenhouse gas emission by using less electricity to cool your home
- Promote cleaner air through more efficient energy use
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Permanently Installed Evaporative Cooler||$150|
|Portable Evaporative Cooler||$50|
QualificationsPermanently installed evaporative cooler
- Incentives are available for existing and new homes
- Unit may be installed by customer or by a Participating or Program Qualified Contractor (contractor installation is recommended).
- Minimum of 3,500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and must be the primary cooling source for the home.
- Equipment must be new and be permanently installed
- Incentive Application must be received within 90 days of work completion
- Minimum of 2,000 CFM
- Incentive Application must be received within 90 days of purchase
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.