Important! Rocky Mountain Power’s planned changes to the incentives and equipment qualifications associated with our energy efficiency program will become effective April 14th. For questions or additional clarification, please email HES@rockymountainpower.net.
Installing an efficient furnace is a good way to reduce the amount of natural gas used to heat your home. Choosing an efficient gas furnace with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM) fan can also reduce the amount of electricity it takes to distribute heated and cooled air around your house. Because most furnaces that utilize an ECM can also run at slower speeds, they can operate more quietly than a standard furnace. With a properly installed 95% gas furnace with ECM, you can reduce your electric bills year-round.
- Incentive Application
- Participating & Program Qualified Contractors
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Save money by using less energy to heat your house
- Use less gas and electricity to heat your home
- Promote clean air by using less energy
- Avoid greenhouse gas emissions by using less energy
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Participating and Program Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|95% Gas Furnace with ECM||$200||$50|
Qualifications95% Gas Furnace with ECM
- Work must be completed by either a Participating or Program Qualified Contractor
- 95% annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) furnace with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM)
- Current primary cooling source must be a central air conditioner which serves at least 80% of the home’s conditioned floor area
- Combined supply and return static pressure needs to be between 0.35-0.65 water column inches (WCI) (87-162 Pascal) on highest heating or cooling fan speed setting upon installation
- All physically accessible ducts shall be confirmed to be fully connected
- All duct connections at the furnace must be sealed
- Incentive Application must be postmarked within 90 days of work completion