Install an ENERGY STAR® heat pump water heater and get $350 cash back.
Get with the program! Save energy and money by purchasing a heat pump water heater.
ENERGY STAR heat pump water heaters can save the average household $100-$200 per year on its electric bills compared to a standard electric water heater. With proper model selection, installation and maintenance, you can gain big cost savings with an ENERGY STAR model.
- Incentive Application
- Participating & Program Qualified Contractors
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Save money by using less energy to heat the water in your home
- Can significantly cut water heating costs
- Promote clean air by using less energy
- Avoid harmful greenhouse gas emissions by using less energy
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Participating and Program Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be received within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Heat pump water heater||$350||$50|
- Work must be completed by either a participating or qualified program trade ally
- Heat pump water heater must be ENERGY STAR qualified
- List of qualified heat pump water heaters available online at energystar.gov
- Previous water heater must be an electric water heater
- Completed Heat Pump Water Heater Installation Worksheet must be submitted with incentive applications
- Incentive application and required documents must be received within 90 days of work completion