Don't pay a premium for your view. Install energy-efficient windows to save energy and money.
Abundant natural light is a must for many homeowners, but if you're looking out of single-pane inefficient windows, you may be paying a premium for your view. Inefficient windows can cause heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer, resulting in higher energy bills and discomfort. Advances in technology and design have dramatically improved the performance of energy-efficient windows. Program-qualified windows can help reduce heat gain or loss for lower energy bills and help reduce outside noise. The result is an all-around more comfortable home.
- Incentive Application
- Participating Weatherization Contractors
- Hiring a Contractor
- Eligible Customers
Energy Saving Benefits
- Save money on your electricity bills by reducing window heat gain and loss
- Use less electricity to keep your home at a comfortable temperature
- Reduce air pollution by using less energy to keep your home comfortable
- Avoid greenhouse gas emissions through reduced electricity use
Windows may be self-installed by homeowners or installed by a contractor. Customers interested in using a contractor can find a participating contractor using the Idaho Participating Weatherization Contractors list. When choosing to use a contractor, review the Incentive Application with them to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the completed service (the date the work is completed). Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or property. Incentives are not to exceed the project cost. Work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only and documentation of U-Factors and square footage must be provided.
Remember to save your National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) window stickers for incentive processing. A copy of your windows manufacturer specification invoice clearly indicating the U-factor of each window may be submitted in lieu of your NFRC stickers.
Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price. Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced.
|Windows Tier 1
For homes with electric heating
U-factor of 0.30 or lower
|$1.50/ sq ft|
Windows Tier 2
U-factor of 0.22 or lower
|$3.00/ sq ft|
QualificationsWindows Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Home must have an electric heating system serving at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned floor area.
- Electrically heated home incentives apply to houses with a permanently installed
electric furnace, heat pump or electric zonal heating systems (baseboard or ceiling/wall
heaters). Space heaters do not qualify.
- Contractor-installed and self-installed work must be performed in accordance with all program requirements.
- For self-installers: projects will be paid on materials only.
- Only one incentive will be paid per measure for the lifetime of the home. Replacement of window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify.
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- Exterior doors will be considered for incentive if they are 80 percent glass.
- Skylights will be considered for incentive if all program requirements are met.
- Window incentives are available on existing homes only. Work performed as part of building code requirements is not eligible for an incentive.
- Areas that are not finished or conditioned living spaces (with permanently installed heating or ducted cooling), such as a garage do not qualify.
- Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of work completion
Need help?These helpful forms can assist you in the process of submitting your application materials.
- Review the list of Weatherization required documents to submit with an incentive application