Get up to $20 cash back
Earn cold hard cash when you buy a qualified freezer
Save on a high-efficiency freezer and put your energy bill on ice. Qualified freezers lower your electricity costs without sacrificing performance or features. Replace a freezer made before 1993, for instance, and you can save an extra $40 on your annual bills. If you bought your freezer in the 80’s, the savings climb to $75 a year.
Qualifications & Incentives
$20 customer incentive
- Unit must be on the Qualified Freezers list at the time of purchase
- Unit must be 20% more efficient than federal minimum standard
- Incentive Application must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.