Get up to $100 cash back
Take control of your heating and cooling costs
Lately it seems everyone is talking about making their homes smarter, and it makes perfect sense. The smarter (or wattsmarter) your home, the more energy and money you save. Installing a smart thermostat is a great way to take that next step. Smart thermostats give you unprecedented control of your heating and cooling system, and adapt to make the system as efficient as possible, boosting comfort while saving you more than $50 a year in energy costs. You can control the thermostat remotely, preheat or cool down your home just before you arrive, apply vacation settings and even receive personalized energy usage feedback.
Qualifications & Incentives
Electrically Heated Homes
Electrically Cooled Homes
Ensure Home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Electrically cooled and heated homes qualify
Qualification requirements for smart thermostats:
- Electrically cooled homes must be cooled by a central air conditioner servicing at least 80% of the home's conditioned living space
- Electrically heated homes must have an electric furnace or heat pump servicing at least 80% of the the home's conditioned living space
- Unit must be on the Qualified Smart Thermostats list at time of purchase
- Unit must be Wi-Fi enabled, programmable climate control device that allows customizable schedule of home temperature
- Occupancy sensors must be turned on
Additional program rules:
- A home is not eligible for more than two smart thermostat incentives
- Incentive cannot exceed 50 percent of the purchase price
- Incentive application must be submitted online within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive Application, completed and submitted
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are subject to Idaho Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.