Get up to $1,300 cash back
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $1,000 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Single-head ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
|Multi-head ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
|Supplemental ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing manufactured home, not new construction
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify
Requirements for all ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9. 5 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), 16 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
Additional requirements for single-head and multi-head ductless heat pumps:
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ductless electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned area
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional requirements for supplemental ductless heat pumps:
- Ductless heat pump must be used as a supplemental heat source for cold spots or for a new/bonus room
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Ductless heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed 50 percent of the project costs
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- AHRI certificate
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee.
Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.