Get $1,000 cash back
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn $1,000 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Ductless heat pump9.0 Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing manufactured home, not new construction
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane conversions do not qualify
Requirements for ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ductless electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat)
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Must have at least one indoor head installed in the primary living space
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information)
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Ductless heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice must include:
- Product and/or installation costs (materials, labor, service)
- Model numbers: indoor and outdoor
- Date work initiated
- Date work completed
- Trade ally business name
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Washington Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.