Get up to $0.65/sq. ft. cash back
Enjoy energy savings with a view
Looking for a window of opportunity to garner serious savings? High-performance windows are the answer. We offer cash back for new windows that can reduce heat loss in the winter, keep your home comfortable in the summer, lessen noise and lower your energy bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Service & Requirements||Customer Incentive|
|Windows||$0.65/ sq. ft.|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Home must complete the pre-qualification process. Contact the program to begin the pre-qualification process and to get the required application documents at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be an existing multifamily, new construction is not eligible for this incentive
- Home's primary heat must be electric baseboard, electric ceiling or wall heat, electric furnace, ductless heat pump, or electric ducted heat pump (space heaters do not qualify)
Requirements for windows:
Maximum U-factor of 0.25 or lower (sliding glass doors must be 80 percent glazed to qualify)
Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List or may be self-installed by homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
Windows must be installed in a finished or conditioned living space with permanently installed heating system
Windows must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Work completed as part of building code requirements do not qualify
Additional program rules:
Submit all documents within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price
Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
- Windows Application, completed and signed*
- Program issued pre-qualification approval
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Manufacturer's specification sheet or NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) stickers for each window
- Third Party Payment Addendum (only for property owners and other third-party entities not listed on account and applying for incentives)
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the Home Energy Savings (HES) program January 1, 2018 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Step 1- Multifamily Pre-Qualification
- Property managers, owners or trade allies must submit a pre-qualification form before starting work. This form can be requested from and submitted to email@example.com. Once submitted, the property will be considered pre-qualified only if the requested property is on a qualifying residential rate schedule, and the requested incentive(s) have not been paid previously at the property. Information provided on the pre-qualification form is also used to schedule a pre-inspection; property managers, owners or trade allies should provide the proper contact information for an inspector to gain access to the property and individual units as necessary.
Step 2- Multifamily Pre-Inspection
- wattsmart Homes will schedule a pre-inspection and ensure the property qualifies based on site conditions. The property manager, owner or trade ally will be given approval to proceed with work, if qualified.
Step 3- Multifamily Post-Inspection
- Upon completion of work, please submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the application materials are complete, the program will schedule a post-inspection to ensure all work meets HES requirements. Note that applications for projects that do not complete steps 1 and/or 2 will not be accepted.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contactor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how long it will take. Also remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits one incentive application for the entire multifamily property to the wattsmart Homes program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added if they are not under the landlord account at time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A completed W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- Post-work inspection:
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
- Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers, including landlords, receiving incentives)
- Third party payment addendum