Get up to $1,500 cash back
Build for efficiency and earn your rewards
Rocky Mountain Power offers builders the opportunity to receive cash incentives for including high-efficiency products and features in new single-family homes. Stand out and show your commitment to quality with homes that deliver superior comfort, greater durability and lower energy costs.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Electrically Heated Home
Electrically Cooled Home
|New Home - Prescriptive Path||$1,500||$500|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
All new homes:
- Attic insulation
- Must be greater than R-49
- Floor insulation
- Must be greater than R-30
- Wall insulation
- Must be greater than R-20
- U-factor must not exceed 0.30
- Duct sealing and duct insulation
- Must result final duct insulation of R-8 or greater
- Must result in a maximum of 100 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) at 25 Pa (Pascal)
- Air Sealing
- Max air infiltration of 4 ACH (Air Changes per Hour) at 50 Pa
- Programmable thermostat
- At least 80% of the sockets contain CFL or LED bulbs
Additional requirements for electrically heated homes:
- Heat pump or ductless heat pump
- 9.5 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) or greater
- 15 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) or greater
Additional requirements for electrically cooled homes:
- Central air conditioner
- 15 SEER or greater
- 95% or greater gas furance with ECM (Electrically Communtated Motor
Additional program rules:
- Please contact the program for additional program rules and how to apply
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-800-942-0281 or email us to ensure your new home is eligible
- Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check
- Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the service
- Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information on how to receive your incentive.
If the customer is applying for the incentive:
- At time project completion, contractor should provide customer with:
- Completed and signed contractor section of incentive application
- Completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- Itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customer through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Notify the customer that their home will need to be inspected before the incentive can be approved.
- In the case of the missing information, assist your customer in securing any contractor information or documentation.
If the contractor is applying for the incentive:
- Complete and sign the incentive application
- Complete and sign technical worksheet, if applicable
- Submit itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Read the rest of the incentive application so you know exactly what to submit.
- Note the customer service hotline and the 90-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of the missing information, please provide any missing documentation back to the program.
Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.
- Incentive Applications
For work completed on or after February 16, 2015
Please contact the program