Get up to $550 cash back
A hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and watch your water heating costs drop. Qualified models are up to 62 percent more efficient than standard water heaters and can help you save as much as $325 a year on your energy bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Heat pump water heater tier 1||$400|
|Heat pump water heater tier 2 and above||$550|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Multifamily homes up to 3 units qualify
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Gas system conversions do not qualify
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must be on the Qualified Products list at the time of purchase
- Heat pump water heater must not have a tank size larger than 55 gallons
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractors List or may be self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications out lined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater)
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents online so they are received within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Heat pump water heater must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed 50 percent of the project costs, self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only
- Multifamily homes must complete the pre-qualification process. Contact the program to begin the pre-qualification process and to get the required application documents at [email protected]
Required documents for online submission:
- Heat pump water heater application, completed and submitted
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.