Get up to $150 cash back
Cool down your home and your energy bill
Receive big cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
We also offer cash back on portable evaporative coolers that provide a versatile, economical solution to home cooling. These high-efficiency units are easy to move from room to room and consume up to 75 percent less energy than air conditioners.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Permanently installed evaporative coolers||$150|
|Portable evaporative coolers||$75|
- Incentives are available for existing homes only
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- Permanent Evaporative Coolers: All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date
- Portable Evaporative Coolers: Incentive Application must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase
- Additional incentive-specific qualifications and required documentation are listed below
Permanently installed evaporative coolers:
- Minimum 3,500 CFM
- Unit may be installed by either a customer or a Participating or Qualified Contractor
- Customer installed equipment will only qualify for the customer incentive
- Equipment must be on the Qualified Permanent Evaporative Coolers list
- Equipment must be new and be permanently installed
- New evaporative cooler must be the current primary cooling source for the home
- Required documents include:
Portable evaporative coolers:
- Minimum 2,000 CFM
- Unit may be installed by either a customer or a Participating or Qualified contractor
- Unit must be on the Qualified Portable Evaporative Coolers list at the time of purchase
- Equipment must be a new, first time install and must be portable
- Required documents include:
- Completed and signed Incentive Application
- Itemized receipt/trade ally invoice (see incentive application for invoice requirements)
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Wyoming Qualified HVAC Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.