Get up to $0.35/sq. ft. cash back
Don’t hesitate. Insulate.
Upgrade the insulation in your multifamily property and earn cash back for every square foot. Along with the upfront savings, new insulation will boost the property’s value and appeal with lower heating and cooling costs and improved year-round comfort for your tenants.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Service & Requirements||Qualifications||Electrically heated property incentive|
Existing R-19 or lessFinal depth R-38 or greater
|$0.35 / sq. ft.|
- Home must have an electric heating system serving at least 80% of the home's conditioned living space
- Electrically heated home incentives apply to houses with a permanently installed electric furnace, heat pump or electric zonal heating systems (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) as the current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify
- Homes with an electric heating system and a central air conditioner only qualify for the “Homes with electric heating system” incentives
- Incentives are available for existing multifamily properties only and may be installed by a qualified contractor or self-installed by property owners or landlords
- For each area of the home, limit one incentive per insulation type, for the lifetime of the home
- Work performed as part of building code requirements is not eligible for an incentive
- Products must be installed between unconditioned and conditioned living spaces
- Products must be installed in accordance with the specifications found in the California Technical Specifications Manual
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project. Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Required documents include:
- Completed and signed multifamily incentive application and instructional sheet
- Itemized receipt/contractor invoice (see incentive application for invoice requirements)
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- For all businesses receiving incentives: Completed and signed W-9
Multifamily properties featuring five or more attached units are eligible to receive program incentives.
Multifamily property owners must have a landlord account on a qualifying residential rate schedule. You can find your rate schedule on your utility bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Qualifying Pacific Power residential rate schedules:
- California: D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35
How to Apply
Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-800-942-0281 or email us to ensure your multifamily property is eligible.
- Pre-inspection of multifamily property
- Once it has been established that the complex is on a qualified residential rate schedule, a pre-qualification inspection will take place.
- Please provide the following required information to initiate a pre-qualification inspection:
- Specific street address or account number
- Complex Name
- Contact at the complex and phone number where they can be reached
- Measures that are being requested to be inspected
- Once this information is received, an inspector will assess the complex to verify whether it qualifies and if it would benefit from our incentive offerings.
- Your contractor will be notified of the status of the inspection. If the complex qualifies for any of the Home Energy Savings program incentives, the contractor will schedule a time with the property manager to complete the work.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contactor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how long it will take. Also remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits one incentive application for the entire multifamily property to the Home Energy Savings program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added if they are not under the landlord account at time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A completed W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers receiving incentives)
- Third party payment addendum
Questions? Call 1-800-942-0281 (option 2) or email us.