Get up to $200 cash back
Cool down your home and your energy bill
Receive big cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
We also offer cash back on portable evaporative coolers that provide a versatile, economical solution to home cooling. These high-efficiency units are easy to move from room to room and consume up to 75 percent less energy than air conditioners.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
|Evaporative cooler tier 1||$100|
|Evaporative cooler tier 2||$200|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for evaporative cooler tier 1:
- 2,000-3,499 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute)
- Evaporative cooler must be on the Qualified Tier 1 Evaporative Coolers list at time of purchase
Requirements for evaporative cooler tier 2:
- Minimum 3,500 CFM
- Evaporative cooler must be on the Qualified Tier 2 Evaporative Coolers list at time of purchase
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List or maybe self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Evaporative cooler must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be first time install and not a replacement for a previous evaporative cooler
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of qualifying service completion
- Evaporative cooler must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive not to exceed project costs, self-installed evaporative coolers are eligible for incentives on equipment only
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply
- Evaporative Cooler Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.
Evaporative Coolers – Tier 2:
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Wyoming Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor (a contractor with specialized certifications). Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Wyoming Public Services Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.