Get up to $300 cash back
A hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and watch your water heating costs drop. Qualified models can save the average household up to $300 a year on electric bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Heat pump water heater||$300|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Gas system conversions do not qualify
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must meet the Northern Climate Specifications
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractors List or may be self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous heat pump water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater)
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Heat pump water heater must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs, self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Heat Pump Water Heater Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractors List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor (a contractor with specialized certifications). Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.