Get up to $1.00/sq. ft. cash back
Enjoy energy savings with a view
Looking for a window of opportunity to garner serious savings? High-performance windows are the answer. We offer cash back for new windows that can reduce heat loss in the winter, keep your home comfortable in the summer, lessen noise and lower your energy bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
Service & requirements
Electrically heated home incentive (i.e. electric heating with either electric cooling or non-electric cooling)
Electrically cooled home incentive (i.e. non-electric heating with either electric or non-electric cooling)
|Windows||$1.00 / sq. ft.||N/A|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- An electrically heating system must serve at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living space
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify
Requirements for windows:
- Maximum U-factor of 0.30
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List or may be self-installed by homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
- Doors or skylights must be 80 percent of square footage and have a U-factor of no more than 0.30 to qualify
- Windows must be installed in a finished or conditioned living space with permanently installed heating system
- Windows must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Work completed as part of building code requirements do not qualify
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Windows must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs, self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
- Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price
- Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at [email protected] for details on how to apply
- Windows Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Manufacturer's specification sheet or NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) stickers for each window
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers apply for incentives
Electrical heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify.
Electric cooling is defined as a permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify.
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, wood stove, pellet stoves or propane serving as the home's current primary heating or cooling source.
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Windows may be self-installed by the homeowner. Review the Incentive Application to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications, and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the service completion date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Remember to save your NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) window stickers for incentive processing. A copy of your window's manufacturer specification sheet clearly indicating the U-factor of each window may be submitted in lieu of your NFRC stickers.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.