Get up to $125 cash back
Warm up to a high-efficiency gas furnace
Every furnace eventually runs its course. Performance drops, it takes forever to heat up, and then there are those mysterious banging noises. Upgrade to a qualified high-efficiency gas furnace and receive up to $125 cash back on a superior replacement that will save you energy and money.
Qualified furnaces must be 95 percent Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) or higher with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM). These furnaces deliver efficient heating and cooling with even distribution, improved comfort, reduced temperature fluctuation and quiet operation.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|95% AFUE gas furnace with ECM||$125|
|ECM on existing furnace||$100|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all buildling codes and standards
Program requirements for both 95% AFUE gas furnace w/ECM and ECM on existing furnace:
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
Additional requirements for 95% AFUE gas furnace w/ECM:
- Must be a 95% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) furnace with an ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor)
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
- Combined supply and return static pressure needs to be between 0.35-0.65 WCI (87-162 Pascal) on the highest heating or cooling fan speed setting upon installation
- All physically accessible ducts should be fully connected
- All duct connections at the furnace must be sealed
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional requirements for ECM on existing furnace:
- Must be an ECM replacing an existing gas furnace motor
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner or ducted evaporative cooler serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
- One motor per furnace being applied for
Additional program rules:
- Submit all documents so they are received within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Gas furnace or ECM must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Customers may only apply for either the 95% AFUE gas furnace or ECM on existing furnace incentive per furnace
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at [email protected] for details on how to apply
- Central Air Conditioner & Gas Furnace Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate (for 95% Gas Furnace only)
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a complete list of all required documentation. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Wyoming Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor (a contractor with specialized certifications). Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the service completion. Please allow six weeks mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of our incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.