Get up to $0.30/sq. ft. cash back
Prevent air leaks and boost efficiency
Save on air sealing services that work to prevent air from leaking in and out of your home structure. By blocking these leaks you can save up to $150 every year in energy costs. You’ll also enjoy greater home comfort, improved indoor air quality and a significant increase in heating and cooling efficiency.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Electrically Heated Home||$0.30/sq. ft.|
|Electrically Cooled Home||N/A|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- An electric heating system must serve at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living space
Requirements for air sealing:
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Air sealing must be completed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual
- A functioning carbon monoxide alarm is required when a combustion appliance is present within the confines of the structure
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Insulation & Air Sealing Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Electric heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify
Electric cooling is defined as a permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, wood stove, pellet stoves, or propane serving as the home's current primary heating or cooling source
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Wyoming Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractors List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor (a contractor with specialized certifications). Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.