Get up to $300 cash back
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $300 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Single-head ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
|Multi-head ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify
Requirements for all ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.5 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), 16 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
Additional requirements for single-head and multi-head ductless heat pumps:
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ductless electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned area
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Ductless heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Contact the program to schedule a pre-inspection and to get the required application documents at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Multifamily properties featuring five or more attached units and no more than four stories tall are eligible to receive program incentives.
Multifamily property owners must have a landlord account on a qualifying residential rate schedule. You can find your rate schedule on your utility bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Qualifying residential rate schedules:
Utah: 1, 2 or 3
How to Apply
- Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-800-942-0281 or email us to ensure your multifamily property is eligible.
- Pre-inspection of multifamily property
- Once it has been established that the complex is on a qualified residential rate schedule, a pre-qualification inspection will take place.
- Please provide the following required information to initiate a pre-qualification inspection:
- Specific street address or account number
- Complex Name
- Contact at the complex and phone number where they can be reached
- Measures that are being requested to be inspected
- Once this information is received, an inspector will assess the complex to verify whether it qualifies and if it would benefit from our incentive offerings.
- Your contractor will be notified of the status of the inspection. If the complex qualifies for any of the Home Energy Savings program incentives, the contractor will schedule a time with the property manager to complete the work.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contactor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how long it will take. Also remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits an application to the Home Energy Savings program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added if they are not under the landlord account at time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A completed W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers receiving incentives)
- Third party payment addendum
Questions? Call 1-800-942-0281 or email us.