Get $50 cash back
Retrofit your customer's furnace with a highly efficient motor
Every furnace needs a fan motor to circulate air throughout a home – but not all motors work the same. Standard motors typically run at preset speeds, which uses more energy than needed and creates uneven temperatures. Electronically commutated motors (ECMs) adjust to the home’s heating and cooling needs while using up to 50 percent less energy than standard furnace fans.
ECMs also deliver more consistent air to the home, operating at lower speeds and can improve air quality. This results in a more comfortable, quieter and healthier living environment. Help your customers save up to $30 a year on heating costs by installing an ECM and you can get $50 cash back.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|ECM on Existing Furnace||$50|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Multifamily homes up to 3 units qualify
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Trade Ally List
Requirements for ECM on existing furnace:
- Must be an ECM replacing an existing gas furnace motor
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner or ducted evaporative cooler serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
- One motor per furnace being applied for
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- ECM must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed 50 percent of the project costs
- Multifamily homes must complete the pre-qualification process. Contact the program to begin the pre-qualification process and to get the required application documents at [email protected] For properties with 4 or more units, please see our custom Multifamily Program
- Electronically Commutated Motor Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.