Get up to $500 cash back
Cash in when you seal and insulate ductwork
Heating and cooling can account for more than half of a home's energy consumption, but as much as 30 percent of that energy can be lost through unsealed ducts. Help your customers increase heating and cooling system efficiency with duct sealing. While your customers enjoy the benefits of improved comfort, savings and healthier air quality, you’ll both pick up some extra cash.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Duct sealing (direct install)||up to $500|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing manufactured home, not new construction
- Incentive amount may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Only electrically heated homes qualify
Duct sealing (direct install service)*:
- Duct sealing direct install service is available through participating program contractors on a limited basis
- Please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how to participate
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Electric Heating: A permanently installed, ducted system consisting of an electric furnace or heat pump serving as the home's current primary heat source
Electric Cooling: A permanently installed, ducted electric central air conditioner or heat pump serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify
Non-Electric Heat: A heating system with gas, oil, or propane serving as the home's current primary heat source
Conditioned vs. unconditioned space - clarification notes:
For the most part, basements are conditioned spaces. Basements are not usually thermally isolated from the main living area and contain space conditioning ducts. Basements are also used for storage and frequently contain laundry facilities and other living spaces. Ducts serving unfinished basements are not always equipped with dedicated supply registers, although single registers at plenums are not unusual.
An unconditioned basement would have these properties: Thermally isolated from the main floor by insulation in the floor. Insulated, weather-stripped door (if above floor plane) and insulated stairwell walls where thermal plane penetrates floor, air sealed (caulked, foamed penetrations) wiring plumbing, sealed duct penetrations and sealed, insulated ducts. No supply registers.
While a crawl space is unconditioned space, the floor must be insulated prior to or at the same time ducts are sealed and insulated to thermally isolate the crawlspace. Failure to do this will increase the heating load of the home and potentially cause comfort issues.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 90-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.