Get up to $175 cash back
Provide a hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Be wattsmart and help your customers receive up to $600 cash back on a new, high-efficiency heat pump water heater. Qualified models are up to 62 percent more efficient than standard water heaters and can help homeowners save as much as $325 a year their energy bills. As a participating trade ally, you’re also eligible for a $200 cash incentive on qualified installations.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Heat pump water heater tier 1||$175|
|Heat pump water heater tier 2 and above||$150|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Gas system conversions do not qualify
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must be on the Qualified Products list at the time of purchase
- Heat pump water heat must not have a tank size larger than 55 gallons
- For tier qualifications, please reference the Qualified Products list
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Trade Ally List or may be self-installed by the homeowner.
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous heat pump water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater)
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Heat pump water heater must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs, self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only
- Heat pump water heater application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.