Get up to $200 cash back
Provide a hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Be wattsmart and help your customers receive up to $600 cash back on a new, high-efficiency heat pump water heater. Qualified models are up to 62 percent more efficient than standard water heaters and can help homeowners save as much as $325 a year their energy bills. As a participating trade ally, you’re also eligible for a $200 cash incentive on qualified installations.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Heat pump water heater||$200|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Gas system conversions do not qualify
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must meet the Northern Climate Specifications
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Trade Ally List or may be self-installed by the homeowner.
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous heat pump water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater)
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Heat pump water heater must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs, self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only
- Heat pump water heater application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.