Get up to
$100 cash back
The incentive for Central AC and Heat Pump Tune-ups is no longer offered for services completed on or after October 24, 2014. Applications for services completed on or before October 23, 2014, will be accepted if postmarked within 90 days of service completion.
Qualifications & Incentives
Requirements for services completed on or before October 23, 2014
|Central air conditioner tune-up||$20|
|Heat pump tune-up||$100|
Equipment (central air conditioner or heat pump) tune-up
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor list. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
- Incentive available on existing central air conditioner or heat pumps only. The equipment must serve at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned floor area. Furnaces do not qualify for a tune-up incentive.
- Qualified HVAC Contractor is required to perform air flow test and performance check.
- Air flow must meet minimum 350 CFM per ton requirement
- Ask a program-eligible trade ally about options for performance check
- Program requirements are outlined in the tune-up worksheet and Utah HVAC Trade Ally Program Manual
- Incentives are limited to one tune-up incentive per unit every five years.
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Qualified HVAC Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.