Get up to $100 cash back
Retrofit your furnace with a highly efficient motor
Every furnace needs a fan motor to circulate air throughout a home – but not all motors work the same. Standard motors typically run at preset speeds, which uses more energy than needed and creates uneven temperatures. Electronically commutated motors (ECMs) adjust to your home’s heating and cooling needs while using up to 50 percent less energy than standard furnace fans.
ECMs also deliver more consistent air to your home, operate at lower speeds and can improve air quality. This results in a more comfortable, quieter and healthier living environment. Get up to $100 cash back when you switch to an ECM. Retrofitting your furnace fan is easy, and you can save up to $30 a year on heating costs.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services
|ECM on existing furnace
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
- Must be an ECM replacing an existing gas furnace motor
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner or ducted evaporative cooler serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
- One motor per furnace being applied for
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- ECM must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed 50 percent of the project costs
- Electronically Commutated Motor Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be submitted online or postmarked within 180 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.