Get $50 cash back
Take control of your heating and cooling costs
Lately it seems everyone is talking about making their homes smarter, and it makes perfect sense. The smarter (or wattsmarter) your home, the more energy and money you save. Installing a smart thermostat is a great way to take that next step. Smart thermostats give you unprecedented control of your heating and cooling system, and adapt to make the system as efficient as possible, boosting comfort while saving you more than $50 a year in energy costs. You can control the thermostat remotely, preheat or cool down your home just before you arrive, apply vacation settings and even receive personalized energy usage feedback.
Qualifications & Incentives
Ensure Home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Electrically cooled and heated homes qualify
- Multifamily homes up to 3 units qualify
Qualification requirements for smart thermostats:
- Electrically cooled homes must be cooled by a central air conditioner servicing at least 80% of the home's conditioned living space
- Electrically heated homes must have an electric furnace or heat pump servicing at least 80% of the the home's conditioned living space
- Unit must be on the Qualified Smart Thermostats list at time of purchase
- Unit must be Wi-Fi enabled, programmable climate control device that allows customizable schedule of home temperature
- Occupancy sensors must be turned on
- Incentive application must be postmarked within 180 days of purchase
Additional program rules:
- A home is not eligible for more than two smart thermostat incentives; includes the redemption of wattsmart instant coupons
- If a customer redeemed a wattsmart instant coupon, an online application is considered ineligible for an incentive
- Incentive cannot exceed 50 percent of the purchase price
- Multifamily homes must complete the pre-qualification process. Contact the program to begin the pre-qualification process and to get the required application documents at [email protected]
- Incentive Application, completed and submitted
- Itemized receipt or online purchase confirmation email
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 180 days of the product purchase date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.