Get up to $600 cash back
A hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and watch your water heating costs drop. Qualified models can save the average household $100 a year on electric bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services
|Heat pump water heater tier 1
|Heat pump water heater tier 2
|Heat pump water heater tier 3
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for heat pump water heaters:
- Heat pump water heater must not have a tank size larger than 55 gallons
- For tier qualifications, please reference the Qualified Products List
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Plumbing Contractors List or may be self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Heat pump water heater must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous heat pump water heater must have been an electric storage water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an existing heat pump water heater)
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed project costs
- Self-installed heat pump water heaters are eligible for equipment costs only
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Heat Pump Water Heater Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the November 7, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Participating Plumbing Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Allow time for mail service delivery. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.