Get $75 cash back
Get ready for summer savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15 percent more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services
Central air conditioner equipment
(15+ SEER, 12.5 EER)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- All HVAC equipment incentives require an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate to qualify The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org
Central air conditioner:
- Work must be completed by either a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must have a minimum efficiency of 15 SEER, 12.5 EER
- Equipment must be a new, air-source split or packaged unitary air conditioner with an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) Standard Rating Cooling Capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less. The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org
Additional Program Requirements:
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date
- Additional incentive-specific qualifications and required documentation are listed below
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply
- Central Air Conditioner application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status online. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.