Get up to $1,000 cash back per unit
Go ductless and find the comfort zone
Install ductless heat pumps for your multifamily property and earn $1,000 cash back for each qualified unit. It’s a simple move that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Your tenants will enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services
|Ductless heat pump (10+ HSPF)
- Multifamily property owners are eligible for ductless heat pump incentives. Work performed must meet all requirements as stipulated below for existing single-family homes. To apply for the multifamily incentives, please contact the Home Energy Savings program at 1-800-942-0281 or email us.
- All HVAC equipment incentives require an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate to qualify. The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org.
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project.
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date.
- Work must be completed by a Qualified Contractor
- Minimum 10 HSPF
- Equipment must be a new AHRI rated ductless (mini-split) system listed in the AHRI Certified Directory
- Must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Previous primary heat source must be a permanently installed electric resistance system (i.e. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat or electric forced air furnace) that served at least 80% of the home’s conditioned area
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Washington HVAC Trade Ally Program Manual
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
- Gas, oil and propane system conversions do not qualify
Required documents include:
Multifamily properties featuring five or more attached units are eligible to receive program incentives.
Multifamily property owners must have a landlord account on a qualifying residential rate schedule. You can find your rate schedule on your utility bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070.
Qualifying Pacific Power residential rate schedules:
- Washington: 16, 17 or 18
How to Apply
- Review the information in the Eligibility section of this page and call 1-800-942-0281 or email us to ensure your multifamily property is eligible.
Pre-inspection of multifamily property
- Once it has been established that the complex is on a qualified residential rate schedule, a pre-qualification inspection will take place.
- Please provide the following required information to initiate a pre-qualification inspection:
- Specific street address or account number
- Complex Name
- Contact at the complex and phone number where they can be reached
- Measures that are being requested to be inspected
- Once this information is received, an inspector will assess the complex to verify whether it qualifies and if it would benefit from our incentive offerings.
- Your contractor will be notified of the status of the inspection. If the complex qualifies for any of the Home Energy Savings program incentives, the contractor will schedule a time with the property manager to complete the work.
Contractor completes energy upgrades:
- The contractor will perform the necessary work for the project to qualify for an incentive. Consult with your contactor to get a clear understanding of the work being performed and how long it will take. Also remember to notify your tenants about the work being done.
Application is submitted:
- Once the work is completed, the contractor submits one incentive application for the entire multifamily property to the Home Energy Savings program.
- All units listed on the application must be verified on the landlord account (units may need to be added if they are not under the landlord account at time of review).
- One itemized invoice detailing the work performed for the property must be submitted.
- A completed W-9 form for the person or entity receiving the incentive check must be submitted along with the application for tax purposes. For changes to account name, contact Business Solutions at 1-866-870-3419.
- In some cases a Third Party Payment Addendum will be required if a landlord account is not set up or if the payment is going to anyone other than the account holder
- Applications cannot be processed if any required documentation is missing.
- The property is then queued for a post-work inspection.
- After receipt of a completed incentive application the program will schedule a post-work inspection to verify all program requirements have been met.
- A minimum of 25 percent of the units that received an energy efficiency upgrade must be inspected
- Tenants should be notified of this post-work inspection beforehand.
Application is processed and check is mailed:
- Checks will be issued for approved applications within six weeks of final processing.
Incentive Application Materials:
- IRS W-9 Forms (for business and non-individual customers receiving incentives)
- Third party payment addendum
Questions? Email us or call 1-800-942-0281.