Get up to $1,000 cash back
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn $1,000 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Ductless heat pump9.0 Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane conversions do not qualify
- Manufactured homes are eligible
- Multifamily property owners are eligible for ductless heat pump incentives. Work performed must meet all requirements as stipulated below for existing single-family homes.
Requirements for ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.0 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor)
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to specifications as outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ductless electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living area
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information)
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to apply
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the November 7, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Washington Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.