Get $750 cash back
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn up to $750 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Ductless heat pump
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Gas oil, wood, pellet stoves, and propane system conversions do not qualify
Requirements for ductless heat pump:
- Minimum 9+ HSPF, 16 SEER
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible or Qualified Contractor
- Ductless heat pump must be a new mini-split system
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable-speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Previously primary heat source must have been a permanently installed electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80% of the home’s conditioned area
- New heat pump must be the current primary heat source and must service at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned living space
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump or air source heat pump
- Equipment must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Idaho Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Equipment must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed the total cost of the project
Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information)
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at [email protected] for details on how to apply
- Ductless Heat Pump Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Idaho Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Idaho who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1 or 36 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Idaho where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1 or 36 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Idaho Participating and Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase or completed installation. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.