Get $50 cash back
Earn cold hard cash when you buy a qualified freezer
Save on a high-efficiency freezer and put your energy bill on ice. Qualified freezers use less energy than standard models, cutting your electricity costs without sacrificing performance or features. Replace a freezer made before 1993, for instance, and you can save an extra $40 on your annual bills. If you bought your freezer in the 80’s, the savings climb to $75 a year.
Qualifications & Incentives
$50 customer incentive
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR-qualified
- Unit must be on the Qualified Freezers list at the time of purchase
Additional program requirements:
- Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked or submitted online within 180 days of purchase
- Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee
- Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment
- Appliance and Lighting Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.