Get up to$0.05/sq. ft. cash back
Prevent air leaks and boost efficiency
Both you and your customers are eligible for cash incentives on qualified air sealing projects. With this valuable service, you can help customers enjoy greater home comfort, improved air quality and up to $150 in annual energy cost savings.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Electrically heated home||$0.05 / sq. ft.|
|Electrically cooled home||N/A|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- An electric heating system must serve at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living space
Requirements for air sealing:
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified Weatherization Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Trade Ally List.
- Air sealing must be completed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Insulation & Air Sealing Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Electric heating: A permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify
Electric cooling: A permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify
Non-electric heat: A heating system with gas, oil, or propane serving as the home's current primary heat source
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.