Get up to $0.15/sq. ft. cash back
Prevent air leaks and boost efficiency
Save on air sealing services that work to prevent air from leaking in and out of your home structure. By blocking these leaks you can save up to $150 every year in energy costs. You’ll also enjoy greater home comfort, improved indoor air quality and a significant increase in heating and cooling efficiency.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Electrically Heated Home||$0.15/sq. ft.|
|Electrically Cooled Home||N/A|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- An electric heating system must serve at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living space
Requirements for air sealing:
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
- Air sealing must be completed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Insulation & Air Sealing Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Electric heating: A permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify
Electric cooling: A permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify
Non-electric heat: A heating system with gas, oil, or propane serving as the home's current primary heat source
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractors List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Review the Incentive Application with your trade ally to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be submitted online or postmarked within 180 days of the service completion date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding trade allies or how to receive your incentive.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 180 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.