Get up to $2.00/sq. ft. cash back
The incentive for windows will no longer be offered for work completed on or after January 1, 2017. Applications for work completed on or before December 31, 2016, will be accepted if postmarked within 180 days of purchase. For more information please reference this FAQ document or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications & Incentives
|Service & requirements||Qualifications||Electrically heated home incentive (i.e. electric heating with either electric cooling or non-electric cooling)||Electrically cooled home incentive (i.e. non-electric heating with either electric or non-electric heating)|
|Windows - tier 1||U-factor of 0.23 - 0.30||No incentive available||$0.50 / sq. ft.|
|Windows - tier 2||U-factor of 0.22 or lower||$2.00 / sq. ft.||$1.00 / sq. ft.|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
Requirements for all windows:
- Tier 1: U-factor of 0.23 - 0.30
- Tier 2: U-factor of 0.22 or lower
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor or may be self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
- Doors or skylights must be 80 percent glass by square footage and have a U-factor of no more than 0.30 to qualify
- Windows must be installed in a finished or conditioned living space with permanently installed heating or ducted cooling
- Windows must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah Technical Specifications Manual
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Work completed as part of building code requirements do not qualify
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Windows must be installed within 90 days of purchases
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs, self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
- Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price
- Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
- Windows Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Manufacturer's specification sheet or NFRC stickers for each window
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Electrical heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify.
Electrical cooling is defined as a permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify.
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, or propane serving as the home's current primary heating or cooling source.
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor. Windows may be self-installed by the homeowner. Review the Incentive Application to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications, and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 180 days of the service completion. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved Incentive Application. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Remember to save your NRFC (National Fenestration Rating Council) window stickers for incentive processing. A copy of your windows manufacturer specification sheet clearly indicating the U-factor of each window may be submitted in lieu of your NFRC stickers.