Get $600 cash back
A hot deal on heat pump water heaters
Save big when you upgrade to a high-performance heat pump water heater. Earn cash back on your purchase and watch your water heating costs drop. Qualified models are up to 62 percent more efficient than standard water heaters and can help you save as much as $325 a year on your energy bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Heat pump water heater||$600|
- Heat pump water heater must be installed by a contractor or self-installed by the homeowner
- Must be installed in an existing home, not new construction
- Heat pump water heater must meet the Northern Climate Specifications found at neea.org/our-work/advanced-water-heater-specification
- Previous water heater must be an electric water heater (incentive does not apply when replacing an exiting heat pump water heater)
- Contractor must be on the California Participating Plumbing Contractors list
- Installation must meet specifications found in the California Technical Specifications Manual
- Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of work completed date
- Itemized reciept or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power account holder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the California Participating Plumbing Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a qualified program trade ally. Review the incentive application with your trade ally to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to California Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.