Get $50 cash back
The incentive for electric storage water heaters will no longer be offered for purchases completed on or after April 16, 2015. Applications for purchases completed on or before April 15, 2015 will be accepted if postmarked within 90 days of purchase. For questions or additional clarification, please email HES@pacificpower.net.
Qualifications & Incentives
$50 customer incentive
|Gallon Units||Energy Factor|
|25-44.9||0.94 or greater|
|45-54.9||0.95 or greater|
|55-74.9||0.93 or greater|
|75-99.9||0.92 or greater|
|100-120||0.85 or greater|
- Unit must be on the Qualified Water Heaters list at time of purchase
- Incentive Application must be postmarked within 90 days of purchase
- Electric water heater should be installed according to manufacturer installation instructions
Not sure if your water heater is electric or gas? Here's how to tell:
First, read the label to see if it gives indication. If you can't figure it out from the label, take a look at the pipes.
- Gas water heaters will have 3 pipes: gas in, water in and water out. The gas line, often at the bottom of the unit, will have a shut-off valve on it. This differentiates it from an electrical conduit.
- Electric water heaters will have 2 pipes: water in and water out with an electrical conduit or electrical wire feed line.
Please note: Gas lines and electric wiring can be extremely dangerous. Be sure to contact a plumbing professional if you're unable to discern the type of water heating system in your home.
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installing or purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.