Get up to $50 cash back
The incentive for electric storage water heaters will no longer be offered for purchases completed on or after April 16, 2015. Applications for purchases completed on or before April 15, 2015 will be accepted if postmarked within 90 days of purchase. For questions or additional clarification, please email HES@rockymountainpower.net.
Qualifications & Incentives
For purchases on or before February 15, 2015, please see the associated application in the Incentive Application section below.
$50 customer incentive
Requirements for electric storage water heaters:
- 25-44.9 gallons must have an EF (Energy Factor) of 0.94 or higher
- 45-54.9 gallons must have an EF of 0.95 or higher
- 55-74.9 gallons must have an EF of 0.93 or higher
- 75-99.9 gallons must have an EF of 0.92 or higher
- 100-120 gallons must have an EF of 0.85 or higher
- Electric storage water heater must be on the Qualified Electric Water Heaters List at time of purchase
Additional program requirements:
- Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked or submitted online within 90 days of purchase
- Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee
- Incentive cannot exceed purchase price of the equipment
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Appliance and Lighting Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Not sure if your water heater is electric or gas? Here's how to tell:
First, read the label to see if it gives indication.
If you can't figure it out from the label, take a look at the pipes.
- Gas water heaters will have 3 pipes: gas in, water in, and water out. The gas line, often at the bottom of the unit, will have a shut-off valve on it. This differentiates it from an electrical conduit.
- Electric water heaters will have 2 pipes: water in and water out with an electrical conduit or electrical wire feed line.
Please note: Gas lines and electric wiring can be extremely dangerous. Be sure to contact a plumbing professional if you're unable to discern the type of water heating system in your home.
Please see Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Rocky Mountain Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of installing or purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing information may delay processing and delivery of your incentive check
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your online application to load in our system.