Get up to $0.75/sq. ft. cash back
An electrically heated, 1,500 sq. ft. home could receieve $975 cash back for installing 1,500 sq. ft. of attic insulation and 900 sq. ft. of wall insulation.
Important! Pacific Power’s planned changes to the incentives and equipment qualifications associated with our energy efficiency program became effective May 12th. For questions or additional clarification, please email us.
Don’t hesitate. Insulate.
Upgrade your insulation and earn cash back for every square foot. There’s no easier way to prepare your home for the chill of winter and the dog days of summer. By installing qualified insulation, you can save hundreds of dollars a year on heating and cooling, which makes this simple upgrade the very definition of wattsmart.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Service & Requirements
Electrically Heated Home Incentive
Existing R-19 or less,Final depth R-38 or greater
|$0.20/ sq. ft.
No existing wall insulationFinal depth of R-13 or fill wall cavity
|$0.75/ sq. ft.
- Home must have an electric heating system serving at least 80% of the home's conditioned living space.
- Electrically heated home incentives apply to houses with a permanently installed electric furnace, heat pump or electric zonal heating systems (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) as the current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify.
- Homes with an electric heating system and a central air conditioner only qualify for the “Homes with electric heating system” incentives.
- Incentives are available for existing homes only and may be installed by a Qualified Contractor or self-installed by the homeowner
- For each area of the home, limit one incentive per insulation type, for the lifetime of the home
- Work performed as part of building code requirements is not eligible for an incentive
- Products must be installed between unconditioned and conditioned living spaces
- Products must be installed in accordance with the specifications found in the California Weatherization Trade Ally Manual
- Incentive amount cannot exceed the total cost of the project. Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only.
- Pre-existing insulation levels must be R-19 or less
- Final insulation depth must be R-38 or greater
- Interior walls, such as walls between rooms, do not qualify
- Insulation along rim joists does not qualify
- Basements walls do not qualify
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Required documents include:
- Completed and signed Incentive Application
- Itemized receipt/contractor invoice (see incentive application for invoice requirements)
- For all businesses receiving incentives: Completed and signed W-9
Multifamily property owners are eligible for attic and wall insulation incentives. Work performed must meet all requirements as stipulated above for single-family homes. To apply for the multifamily incentives, please contact the Home Energy Savings program at 1-800-942-0281 (option 2) or HESMultifamily@pacificpower.net
Residential electric customers residing in the state of California who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of California where the tenant is billed on rate schedules D, DL-6, DS-8, DM-9 or NEM-35 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a trade ally using the California Weatherization Program Trade Allies list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a qualified program trade ally. Review the incentive application with your trade ally to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff California Public Utilities Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.