Get up to $1.50/sq. ft. cash back
Enjoy energy savings with a view
Looking for a window of opportunity to garner serious savings? High-performance windows are the answer. We offer cash back for new windows that can reduce heat loss in the winter, keep your home comfortable in the summer, lessen noise and lower your energy bills.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Service & Requirements||Electrically Heated Home Incentive
(i.e. electric heating with either electric cooling or non-electric cooling)
|Electrically Cooled Home Incentive
(i.e. non-electric heating with either electric or non-electric cooling)
|Windows||$1.50/ sq. ft.||No incentive available|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
Requirements for windows:
- Maximum U-factor of 0.22 or lower
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List or may be self-installed by homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor.
- Doors or skylights must be 80 percent of square footage to qualify
- Windows must be installed in a finished or conditioned living space with permanently installed heating system
- Windows must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- Work completed as part of building code requirements do not qualify
- An electrical heating system must serve at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living space
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Self-installers are eligible for incentives on materials only
- Incentives are limited to one-time installations within the qualified space of the home and will not exceed window purchase price
- Window units that have previously received an incentive through the program do not qualify for additional incentives if replaced
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Windows Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Manufacturer's specification sheet or NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) stickers for each window
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the November 7, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Electrical heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify.
Electric cooling is defined as a permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify.
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, wood stove, pellet stoves or propane serving as the home's current primary heating or cooling source.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Windows may be self-installed by homeowners or installed by a contractor. Customers interested in using a contractor can find a participating contractor using the Washington Qualified Weatherization Contractor list. When choosing to use a contractor, review the Incentive Application with them to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Please allow time for mail-service delivery.
Checks are only payable to the account holder or property. Incentives are not to exceed the project cost. Work may be inspected for compliance.
Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Remember to save your National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) window stickers for incentive processing. A copy of a window manufacturer’s specification sheet clearly indicating the U-factor of each window may be submitted in lieu of your NFRC stickers.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.