The incentive for air sealing is no longer offered for work completed on or after January 1, 2018. Applications for purchases completed on or before December 31, 2017, will be accepted if submitted online or postmarked within 90 days of purchase. For more information or questions, please email email@example.com
Qualifications & Incentives
For work completed on or before December 31, 2017
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Air Sealing||$0.15/ sq. ft.|
*Incentives are paid based on area of conditioned space of the home.
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing single-family or manufactured home, not new construction
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
- An electric heating system must serve at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned living space
Requirements for air sealing:
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified Weatherization Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible Weatherization Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Air sealing must be completed according to the specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
Additional program requirments:
- If a combustion appliance is present within the confines of the structure, a functioning carbon monoxide alarm must be installed
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed total cost of the project
- Insulation & Air Sealing Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the November 7, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Electric heating is defined as a permanently installed system consisting of an electric furnace, heat pump, or electric zonal heating system (baseboard or ceiling/wall heaters) serving as the home's current primary heat source. Space heaters do not qualify
Electric cooling is defined as a permanently installed, electric heat pump, or ducted electric central air conditioner serving as the home's current primary cooling source. Room air conditioners and evaporative coolers do not qualify
Non-electric heating or cooling is defined as a heating or cooling system with gas, oil, wood stove, pellet stoves, or propane serving as the home's current primary heating or cooling source
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Washington Qualified Weatherization Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive Application and required documents must be submitted online and or postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within 45 days of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Checks are only payable to the account holder. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to tariff approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.