Get up to $25 cash back
Deliver savings and incentives with a finely tuned system
Bring added value to your customers by showing them the benefits of proper central AC and heat pump maintenance. A well-managed system means a more comfortable home and plenty of extra savings during times of peak demand. Along with lower energy costs, customers can receive up to $100 cash back for this valuable service. There’s also a trade ally incentive available to you for qualified tune-ups. Remember to help your customers complete the necessary paperwork to earn their incentive.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Central air conditioner tune-up||N/A|
|Heat pump tune-up||$25|
Equipment (central air conditioner or heat pump) tune-up:
- Work must be completed by a Qualified Contractor
- Incentive available on existing central air conditioner or heat pumps only. The equipment must serve at least 80 percent of the home’s conditioned floor area. Furnaces do not qualify for a tune-up incentive
- Qualified HVAC Contractor is required to perform air flow test and performance check
- Air flow must meet minimum 350 CFM per ton requirement
- Ask a program-eligible trade ally about options for performance check
- Program requirements outlined in the Tune-up worksheet and Utah HVAC Trade Ally Program Manual
- Incentives are limited to one tune-up incentive per unit every five years
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 90-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.