Get $50 cash back
Earn cash back on high-efficiency gas furnaces
Every furnace eventually runs its course. Performance drops, it takes forever to heat up, and then there are those mysterious banging noises. Make it easy for your customers to find a superior replacement. Help them upgrade to a qualified high-efficiency gas furnace and they can receive up to $200 cash back on their purchase. As a participating trade ally, you’ll also be eligible for cash incentives. Qualified furnaces must be 95 percent AFUE or higher with an ECM (electronically commutated motor).
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|95% AFUE Gas Furnace w/ECM||$50|
|ECM on Existing Furnace||$50|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified HVAC Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Trade Ally List
Additional requirements for 95% AFUE gas furnace w/ECM:
- Must be a 95% AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) furnace with an ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor)
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
- Combined supply and return static pressure needs to be between 0.35-0.65 WCI (87-162 Pascal) on the highest heating or cooling fan speed setting upon installation
- All physically accessible ducts should be fully connected
- All duct connections at the furnace must be sealed
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
Additional requirements for ECM on existing furnace:
- Must be an ECM replacing an existing gas furnace motor
- Must be electrically cooled with a central air conditioner or ducted evaporative cooler serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned floor area
- One motor per furnace being applied for
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Gas furnace or ECM must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Customers may only apply for either the 95% AFUE gas furnace or ECM on existing furnace incentive per furnace
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Central Air Conditioner and Gas Furnaces Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate (for 95% Gas Furnace only)
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the December 1, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Utah Public Service Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2 or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.